::visitor counter::
free hit counter

[ Click on thumbnails below to see all the posts of my babies and passion ]
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, October 18, 2008

On the way to Japan

18th October 2008

japan trip with 15 fellow exe crew - Let the journey begin :P. this trip was meant to be a low budget trip for me for 3 weeks, which mainly just for sight seeing and taking lots and lots of pictures :P oh and demolish every sushi meal possible... jk... but now that AUD plunged against JPY a week before we left, this trip will be ULTRA BUDGET TRIP for me T_T (from $1 = 100yen down to stomach crunching ball tearing head smashing 64yen) I should've exchanged my money earlier... now a week before I leave, I only get 64,000yen for my precious hard earned $1000AUD... I tried to bargain with the local friendly neighborhood square faced lady at the exchange center, and she almost stab me with her pen.

my flight is different with the others because I had to take the latest flight possible coz I had to do something on the day before I left melbourne.

Well, as I said low budget, I try not to bring too many AUD on the way so I wont spent too much on snacks on the plane :P (hey, maybe I should make a movie called that... snack on the plane... how original... story about plane filled with snacks). So I thought it would be smart not to bring any AUD cash... coz I have my credit card and bank card anyway. I only got $5.40 of coins in my wallet and 64,000Yen hiding somewhere near my undies. :P

8.15pm Depart from Avalon Airport. Jetstar domestic to Sydney. While waiting, I was tempted to buy this orange falvoured water which I thought wont be that much, the lady told me $4.40 and I almost choke. I cannot back out now coz I was drinking it already before I even pay lol... lesson learnt. $1 left hahaha...

Arrived at sydney T2 domestic at 9.45pm and pick up my bag, hello bag! :P


then I realised that I got no money left so I withdraw $20 from the local ATM... thinking how many big mac I can buy and fit into my mouth while waiting for the next flight. Money in wallet is $21.00 now... im rich! haha


I called the the others, they have landed and catch a bus to T2 international terminal to wait for their next flight, while some of then went to sydney CBD to go to local club and party hard to kill time before their next flight... hardcore... I wish I have the budget for that.

I missed the last bus to the T1 international airport. I was gonna meet up with the others at T1 and wait for our flight to osaka via goldcoast together. But now since the last bus is bye bye, I have to take the train. Train to T1 is still available and its $14 one way (bus was $5.50). :( fuck that. So I decided to wait till my next flight (6.15am sunday 19th october 2008). the others gonna take international flight from sydney via goldcoast, so they are meant to go to T1 anyway for their next flight, but for me, since I bought the ticket separately, my ticket is domestic from avalon to sydney and sydney to goldcoast, only then connects to the same international flight with the others at goldcoast. So if I were to join them in T1 to wait till the next morning, I have to get another $14 one way ticket to T2 5am the next day. Which would cost me $28 alreeady... no no... that can be spent on dinner, since i'm starving and lots of chup a chup if I want to haha...

so then I decided to stay and look for nearest mcdonnald. Guess what, NO MACCAS (T_T). great hahaha... and no cafe or food court open in the T2 at that time so after few minutes dragging my baggage, I found this convenient store and I bought this 2 harmless beef and cheese pies (with ultra hot fillings which later almost killed me by burning my mouth and intestine lol), pringles and big water bottle. They costed me $20.40. yes I know its expensive, but I know its gonna be freezing outside and I havent hard dinner yet. The T2 closed at 11pm so I had to have my 'gourmet' dinner outside and sleep on one of the bench with 5 star bum style :P nice.


So now I got $0.60 left in my wallet and im here writing this blog for my first page on my japan trip blog next to this guy name mathew, which is high on some drugs, and been stuck in Sydney for 2 days trying to get extra cash to fly to perth for his mum's funeral. I gave him my $0.60 and he went to piss 3 metres from me and then sleep on the bench next to mine. Well, at least he didn't snore :P


anyway, im gonna start looking on my japan maps and starting writing down routes and plan few trips now coz my laptop battery is running out too...


19th October 2008

I fell asleep on my lovely bench and woke up around 4am when the first bus from 'long term' carpark arrived dropping airport securities staff. Well, I am busting for number 3 (number 1 and 2 combined) haha so I rushed into the airport as soon as they open it.


Not long after, the check in counter for jetstar has opened. So I check-in and went in the boarding area. Had my early heart friendly breakfast... my favourite sausage n egg muffin meal from maccas... $5.65 and I got the waist slimming sweet and sour sauce and small coke instead of their coffee that taste like boiling sewer water. So then staring at the window, watching the sun rising, and airplane lining up, I finished the whole meal into my mouth within few mins. Yes I am starving... :( then rushed into the boarding gate.


On the plane to Gold Coast, I sat next to this lady with her kids, named Bryan. Maybe around 3 years old. So I smiled at then, quick chit chat then i'm off to dream land since sleeping on cold metal bench wasn't very pleasant at all. I only got to sleep for around 10-15 minutes before the plane finally descent and landed at gold coast.


At gold coast, had to wait another 2 hour before I can board the plane. When passing the security at the front, I was behind this japanese tour group, so the securities thought I was japanese tourist too and started to talk slowly in english to me too with hand gesture too. I don't know why but I responded the same way to him, word by word and slowly with hand gesture too. I must say the security has getting tighter and tighter to board international flight these days. The lady behind me had to throw away a sealed bottle of wine that she bought at the shop just outside the security gate.


After waiting for few minutes in the gate at the boarding area, I finally met the others. they already been there for a while but I didn't realise that. Then we board the plane and everyone pull out their eeepc. Well not everyone, almost. Come lunch time, they have the food trolley serving food, I wasn't going to eat but then the smell make my tummy scream for food. I gave up and ordered one. Its better be worth my $15!! while I was waiting for my meal, jimjim and adnes got free food!! O_o dunno how. I think the flight attendant forgot to ask for the money or they mistakenly treated as one of the prepaid meal customer. Anyway the meal was good, and I got jimjim's meal too coz he said he couldn't eat too much on the flight. VALUE!! :P thx jimjim, I would like to sit next to you on the next flight haha


anyway, the poor japanese old lady next to me got the seat arm rest with a broken audio jack point, and she kept on pressing the button repeatedly. I offered her to use my jack points, so she did, and we ended up talking and she introduced me to het daughter that sat next to her. Nice people and very friendly. They are from kobe. The mum, chikako san is ramen maker in Kobe and kimiko chan, the daughter just quit Ralph Lauren and now looking for new job. They spent 3 days holiday trip in goldcoast. Friendly people :)

No comments: